sufficient light for corals and anenome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

settles4

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm looking at the threads dealing with lighting.... will any of these work for any coral or anemone I might some day have?

EVO Quad 48" 5W LED Aquarium Light Marine Coral Reef 64X 5 Watts Fans | eBay

LED Quad 48" 1W Timer Ready Aquarium Light 72x 1 Watts Marine Coral Reef 120 Cm | eBay

EVO Quad 48" LED Aquarium Light Marine Coral Reef Saltwater Lunar 64X 3 Watt 3W | eBay

No clams and probably no hard corals, only soft corals and anenomes... Thanks for looking.

Look into taotronics on eBay they are usually 120 watts and have 55 3 watt leds. They will be less expensive than those options. Anemones are about the same care level as hard corals IMO. They also should not go in tanks under half a year old as they need stability.

First off what size of tank, all those lights say 3-5 watt led's but none of them tell you what they are putting out in total watts. Just because they have 5 watt led's doesn't mean they are pushing 5 watt, they could be only pushing 1 or 2, its a sells gimmick. Also there are no par ratings and not programable

Its a 55 gal. Looked at the taotronics and don't know which one to get, which are reputable etc. Also don't know how I would mount them yet. The taotronics look like I would need two units for my 55. I'm a long ways from coral or anenomes, just want to set up in the beginning for them so I don't have to upgrade later.

Yes I have something like them. 1 for ever 2ft. Make sure you get the dimmable ones. And it helps if you get the ones that are programmable as well. Makes everything easier. You could always put them on timers as well.

Thanks for the advice. I'll be looking at getting a few of these in the near future.

I really like our Sunbrite system. It is fully programmable. What I am not crazy about is that while it works great on iPhone, iPad or iPod, it doesn't work great on Android devices.

Back
Top Bottom