Super aggresive 1" starry blenny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishman007

Aquarium Advice Addict
I added a 1" starry blenny to my 20 long about an hour ago and in the first 10 minutes he started to "explore" the tank attacking my 3" YWMG and 3" clowns. He also attacked my big nassarius snail as it emerged from the sand. Then he raided the gobys home and then took residence there for 10-15minuts before going back and attacking the goby once again. Then he attacked my 3" pistol shrimp. Now he is standing watch over the whole tank living in the gobys burrow. Any one ever had this happen?

image-2263183246.jpg

As you can see his head is only the size of half a penny. One crazy little fish...

Sounds like a typical blenny. I secretly believe they are all jerks haha. I have a flametail and he owns my tank. He has destroyed my royal grammas tail like 3 times now lol. Gets along fine with my clowns though but he does grab my nassarius snails if they pop out. He has also killed two clams...

Sounds like a typical blenny. I secretly believe they are all jerks haha. I have a flametail and he owns my tank. He has destroyed my royal grammas tail like 3 times now lol. Gets along fine with my clowns though but he does grab my nassarius snails if they pop out. He has also killed two clams...

Oh ok lol, i have a 5" starry in my 37 but hes never done this? Its kinda odd when such small fishes are so aggresive! My goby was flaring up like mad opening his mouth as wide as he could to scare away the blenny but the blenny was just fearless and kept attacking everyone!

image-221222996.jpg

Here he is in triumph at winning the battle and conquering the goby!

image-1295803171.jpg

Oh ok lol, i have a 5" starry in my 37 but hes never done this? Its kinda odd when such small fishes are so aggresive! My goby was flaring up like mad opening his mouth as wide as he could to scare away the blenny but the blenny was just fearless and kept attacking everyone!

View attachment 215162

Here he is in triumph at winning the battle and conquering the goby!

View attachment 215163

Haha yeah my gramma tries to get all big and scary but the blenny just owns him. Blennies are crazy fish lol.

And here he is inside the YWMG cave

image-2065217199.jpg

And suprisingly enough the goby is also there with him

Attachments

• image-1156869844.jpg
    image-1156869844.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 89
I have a lawn mower bleeny , he is a bit crazy sometimes but he has never attacked my fish. Great algae eater though.

Back
Top Bottom