Supplemental Food for Rock Blenny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

edmond

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi,

I just added a Rock Blenny to my tank, partially to help control Algae. I also have 10 hermit crabs, 5 snails and 3 chromis in my 46 gallon tank that has about 40 lbs of live rock. I have a hang on skimmer and a UV filter I am using with my eheim canister filter.

He seems to be feeding fine on the algae on the rocks, but I wonder if there is enough for him to survive? How would I know if he's not getting enough algae?

Some websites say I can supplement his diet with vegetable preparations. What does that mean? Do I just drop a piece of lettuce in there? I also have some seaweed salad algae sheets, can I just hang one of those in there once in awhile?

What would you suggest?

Use the Asian "Nori" seaweed. Either weigh it down with a rock or use an algae clip. Not to much at first...you want him to eat the algae growing in your tank. LOL

Yep, get some sheets of nori. Start with about a quarter of a sheet. I would roll it up and rubberband it to a rock instead of using a clip for the blenny.

Back
Top Bottom