Tank finally cycled!! Help me ID please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andrea_

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Waited patiently 6 weeks and my tank is finally cycled. Fish in cycle with some Molly's, platy and a dwarf gourami.

Took my water to my local fish store for testing and it's perfect :)

Couple things I wanted to ask

1. I have not lost any fish during my cycle, but 3 days ago I came home to my dwarf gourami stuck to the filter! I got him off it, but he's been going down hill ever since, now he is just laying on the gravel and only moves a little when I touch him with a net (I keep thinking he's dead) what's everyone's opinion on euthanizing a fish? I feel bad for the lil guy.

2. Can you please ID and sex my Cory cats and angel, I should have wrote it down at the store but I had my two kids with me

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418857358.437006.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418857371.571877.jpg

Thank you!
By the way I just love these little albino corys, they are so **** cute!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Both of these fish are very hard to sex. Dwarf gouramis are generally fragile, I believe there is a fatal disease 1 in 4 dwarfs get. Maybe it has that.

I checked the tank a bit ago and it had finally died
Rip

I think I worded it wrong

I meant

Sex the Cory cats and Angel
ID the angel

I usually euthanise my sick fish. It seems mean but you need to think about all the fish in the tank.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

It is a nice koi Angel as to sex, it's either a male or a female.....lol ( hard to say at this stage) females have a rounded head and males have a slight bump...........

Gouramis as well as other anatibids (bettas, paradise fish) have a labyrinth organ and flowing fins which are best suited for a calm current. If the current is too strong, which most are, then it can be hard and stressful for them to swim. If you want to get another in the future, I would recommend getting 2-3+ plants. They break up the current and create a safe break in the current for your gourami to hang in.

That cory on the left looks male to me because it's longer and looks thinner. If you look at them from above, females are plumper and more rounded.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419002632.273028.jpg
These are three of my ladies
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1419002748.940264.jpg
This pic the left is the male and right is the female. You can see a subtle difference in size at the front but from above the female is fuller

Back
Top Bottom