Tank Overhaul

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jagwa

Aquarium Advice Regular
Im in the process of planning a tank overhaul with my 4ft 65 gal.

First of all im gonna change the substrate from light brown pool filter sand to a black gravel. This is because the light brown does not show the fish colour at all and the rest of the tank is a similar colour. Will be getting some fake plants because the fish always destroy any attempts with real plants.

The stock:
I am definitely having a breeding pair of rainbow cichlids and a gold severum in this tank. However im unsure of what else to keep. Im in two minds of whether to go for cories and a schooling fish like some of the larger tetra(larger beacause of severum) and barbs. or maybe a pair of firemouths. maybe even another severum?

Any ideas or input about mismatches are welcome.

from what ive heard about green terrors, the name says it all... ive heard theyre like a jack dempsey on steriods... ive heard from a few people that firemouths are relatively peaceful compared to other sa cichlids... id say if you stick with the rainbows, firemouths, and tiger barbs you would be ok...

If you get Tiger Barbs be sure to get at least 6 or they won't adjust well. They'll either pick other fish to death or pick each other to death.

im gonna try out the green terror, if thing dont work out i will have to go for the barbs. I just really think that gt's look amazing especially the males

Back
Top Bottom