Tank Upgrade

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

2007PSanHa

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 20 litre tank containing 1common goldfish and one comet (due to the shop telling porky pies)! I am thinking of asking for a 100-120 litre tank for Christmas (it's going to take a lot of persuading)! I have found one for £130. I have had my fish for one year. How long do I have to move them to prevent stunting?

Sorry but a 120 liter tank (about 30 US gals) isn't going to hold eitehr of those fish. They both get large and belong in ponds. I don't know what size tank if any can house them long-term but it would be much larger than 120 liters.

Oh. I read that that would be fine for fancies. I know commons and comets grow bigger but that would be a start. What do you suggest?

I think it's 20 gallon for a goldfish and an additional 10 gallon for every one after that :)

Honestly, if you want them to be happy, I would rehome them to a pond. Your looking at atleast 50g per fish for a common/comet. Both grow well over 12inches and do majority of their growth in the first 2-3yrs of life. I'm not at home or I would post the goldfish growth chart for you so you can visually have an idea of what to expect. Will post it when I'm back home!

Back
Top Bottom