tank wont stay heated

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

loubeardy

Aquarium Advice Activist
hey. my new tank wont stay warm! I have it set at 30 (only to get it warm) and it's still only reading at 23!!!!! same with my quaretine tank. the only thing I can think of is because of the lid..... the lid has gaps. am I right. and what should I do?

How warm is the room your tanks are in? Most heaters are only made to warm the water a few degrees above room temp. Gaps in your lid shouldn't make much of a difference. Also, where in your tanks do you have your heaters placed? IMO, heaters work best if not directly in the current from your filter.

How big are the tanks, and what is the wattage and brand of the heaters? How cold is the room temperature? It's usually said that heaters should be near the filter current as it helps distribute the heat throughout the whole tank.

the heater was a 50 watt. and the room temperature was around 18/19. bit I bought a new heater which seems to be working fine :) all three of my thermometers are ready are steady 25/26 now :)

Back
Top Bottom