tankmates? already too packed?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronnieroach

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hello all,

i just rehomed my 9-10 inch oscar to my buddy's tank because his size alone made all my other fish hide. luckily i was able to send him to a good home of someone i know.

w/ my oscar i had:
2 parrots 3-4inches
1 firemouth 2-3inches
2 kribensis 3inches
1 red tailed cat 3inches or so
1 shovelnose cat 6-7inches

w/ oscar gone, i've added:
1 loach 4inches
2 golden algaes 2inches or so
3 blue gouramies
1 flying fox 2-3inches
& 1 upside down fish? they look spikey & only look upside down.. they are actually right side up & hang out on top of water.. forget the name but hes 2inches or so

they're in a 55gal tank as of now.. will be upgrading but we're waiting to move first..

anyway, am i overstocked as of now?

if not, what else could i add to get some more color in there?

ANNND -- is it possible that my red tailed cat ate my 2nd kribensis? or maybe my shovelnose? he was in there after my oscar left & now he's gone & my red tail, who was about the same size as the krib, now has a belly bigger than mine!! could my cat have eaten my krib?!?

be gentle w/ your responses lol

haha, as gentle as I can be, you're over stocked. and its very possible your red tail ate your kribs. They'll eat anything they can fit in their mouth. Same thing with a shovelnose. Once the lights go out, anything's fair game. With your redtail only being about three inches, to be fair, it was most likely your shovel nose. I'm glad you re-homed your oscar, that will take a lot off your hands.
Red tailed cat -The largest specimen recorded by science measured 53.2"
Shovelnose cat - Average adult size 40"

So, right there you've got a lot of fish on your hands. Not to mention your parrot fish with they get older. Sorry dude, I think you're outta luck on adding any more fish with this one, unless you get rid of your two cats. IMHO

daaaamn.. i didnt know cats did that until recently.. NUTS!! lol

thanks for your help!! def appreciate it :)

you gotta be careful with your language on this site,they might shut down your thread.:taped:

Back
Top Bottom