Tanks viewed both front and back

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheresaM

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm looking for examples (photos) of tanks set up to be viewed from both front and back.

This is for my Spec 5 build. We're in a 70s house, what we use as the living room would have originally been a living room/dining room combo, so basically a rectangle. My desk-where I spend most of my time-is at the opposite end of the room from the window. With the L-shaped couch I decided to put the tank perpendicular to the wall which leaves me with the front and back aquascaping challenge.

img_3198515_0_95953f333780977b7a63a3bbb34ebbb3.jpg

Has anyone done something similar? (and yes, the dogs spend more time on the couch than people :whistle: )

I setup my shrimp tanks front to back, not sure which side to view them though.

This one was temporary, now I have 2 side by side

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1428252232.664825.jpg

I don't have pics to show but when we used to do see through tanks, we'd build up the center section of the tank ( lengthwise) then build forward ( on both sides) with lower decor. So if you were doing live plants let's say, then I would do taller in the middle then shorter in the front. ( In landscaping terms: Trees in the back, shrubs in the front. ;) ) This way, you can either make a different view from different sides or keep the trees trimmed and the fish/ critters, can move more easily from side to side.

Hope this helps. (y)

I don't have pics to show but when we used to do see through tanks, we'd build up the center section of the tank ( lengthwise) then build forward ( on both sides) with lower decor. So if you were doing live plants let's say, then I would do taller in the middle then shorter in the front. ( In landscaping terms: Trees in the back, shrubs in the front. ;) ) This way, you can either make a different view from different sides or keep the trees trimmed and the fish/ critters, can move more easily from side to side.

Hope this helps. (y)

That is a very good suggestion, 2 scapes in 1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

When i think of a project like this i an thinking a diy 3d background placed in the center of the tank.

You could get really creative, but i would do something that looked like a mountain range that would give plenty of spaces to swim from the front to the back of the tank.

That is a very good suggestion, 2 scapes in 1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks. :) Got a lot of practice with some larger SW tanks for customers. Some looked like different tanks from either side so the people would get excited when they would see different fish on different sides of the tank. ( Certain fish would find a spot and claim it and just not leave so the customer would have to introduce the fish to the side they wanted to see THAT particular fish on. It was a hoot to say the least. :lol: ) The bigger the tank you do this with, the more creative you can get but it can be done with smaller tanks too. You just want to make sure you are getting good water flow throughout the tank. (y)

Back
Top Bottom