Taotronics LED fixtures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Awesome. Thanks for the info Greg . Time to compare the spec from the taotronic to the dimmable ones that look just like them and click that buy button lol.

That's a crazy good price. You could buy over 500 watts of LED for the cost of some single fixtures. Built in China is the only draw back.

For sure. The fact that it has enough light to keep anything is great for a coral newbie like me . Now I don't have to worry about accidently buying a coral that I can't support.

I'm thinking 3 of these for my 100 gallon reef.
Dimmables though So I can keep them about 5 inches from the water level.

Well you might burn and bleach a lot of things with this light if you're a newbie. Be careful!

Have you guys seen the newer ones? They have a 141W and a 212w neither of which are dimmable. Then there's the 120w non dimmable and a 120w dimmable.
Oh, The new 212 and 141 have side screw in terminals for the power cords and come with a hanging kits. They alaoss have heat sinks now and are much quieter, from what I've heard.

I want to pick up a couple, but don't know if I should go with the 212 or the 141.
I have a 120 tank that measures 48X24X25. I don't have room above my tank to move them more than 8" from the water surface.

Can a more experienced reefer please give me some advice?

I currently have 3 zoa frags, but would like to eventually get into better corals.

Here's a link to the auction. They offer all the different types on one auction

Click Me

Thanks
:thanks:
:fish2::dance::fish1:

Oh man there's also 1:1 blue/whites, 2:1 blue/whites, 2:1 whites/blues
Those are only on the 212w
And all of them come with a 3 year warranty.
Any suggestion on which to get?

Just got my light . Dimmable version with 55 3 watt LEDs. Talk about bright .

Attachments

• image-2564064707.jpg
    image-2564064707.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 49
Make sure the fans don't clog with dust. This type of fixture attracts it like a computer does. I cut a piece of furnace filter material and lay it across the fan openings on the back.

Back
Top Bottom