The Florida Fishkeeper Curse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DeeLee2013

Aquarium Advice FINatic
There are few, if any, well stocked LFS that specialize in FRESHWATER.
Every. Single. Store. Is. Saltwater. Orientated.
Where I'm moving to, the one LFS in the vicinity is a salty store.
I know I can order stuff online but I just love browsing the stores and imagining the possibilities. Le sigh. Rant over.

? Diana Lee ?
? the Redhead ?
Florida Orchid Endler's | Documented Class N Orchid Endler's Livebearer Fish

Mine is the opposite in TN. Only 2 private owned LFS have some salt fish and it is limited stock. Nearest GOOD salty store is 2 hours from me in Chattanooga.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I don't know of any saltwater stores in Ky. I've only seen freshwater, and even those are limited.

Sent via Impala

I know I can order stuff online but I just love browsing the stores and imagining the possibilities. Le sigh. Rant over.

? Diana Lee ?
? the Redhead ?

I hear ya. ;) My area hasn't been able to keep a pet shop ( salt OR fresh) open for long in the 7 yrs I've been here. Now we have a Petsmart but I don;t count that as a LFS.

What area are you moving to? Maybe I know of some places for you to check out or people to contact. (y)

Mine is the opposite in TN. Only 2 private owned LFS have some salt fish and it is limited stock. Nearest GOOD salty store is 2 hours from me in Chattanooga.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

If you're looking for sw stuff let me know dude! Friend of mine's family runs east tenn reef club and has a lot of connections he will share.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

If you're looking for sw stuff let me know dude! Friend of mine's family runs east tenn reef club and has a lot of connections he will share.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I haven't hit the salty side yet but I want to cross over! I'll remember this when the time comes hopefully.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

? Diana Lee ?
? the Redhead ?

I know exactly what you mean. I searched several counties for even a decent store when I lived in Brooksville. I was only able to find one in Pinellas, but they were at the beginning of a closeout sale. The lack of a good store was a huge selling point for my move back to Michigan lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom