The Jamison 55g - Mbuna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Jam-is-on

Aquarium Advice Freak
Tank: Aquarium Systems All glass 55 Gallon

Lighting: Perfecto Dual 24” Recessed Full Hoods | Marineland Natural Daylight 18” T8 Fluorescent (Upgrade Coming Soon)

Filtration: Marineland Penguin 350 BioWheel Power Filter (x2)

Heater: Aqueon Pro 200w Submersible Heater

Aeration: Tetra Whisper 60 Air Pump

Stock: 4 Electric Yellow Lab
2 Yellow Tail Blue Acei

38018-albums1833-picture12659.jpg
38018-albums1833-picture12665.jpg
38018-albums1833-picture12666.jpg
38018-albums1833-picture12661.jpg

Looks great! Good pictures too! How do you have all of the rocks secured? When you upgrade the lighting, are you planning on having plants?

Thanks! The rocks actually aren't secured (knock on wood). They are stacked fairly sturdy and I made every effort to "fall test" them by hand. Unfortunately I read a lot of horror stories AFTER I got everything going so hopefully they will be ok (knock on wood).

I would like to try a few plants once I upgrade the lighting but I've been advised that Mbuna and live plants are a tough mix. I know there are a few that should work well but I've only just begun looking into them. I definitely plan on trying though.

Tank looks great! Lots of hiding places. You can stock quite a few more fish in there!

Will definitely be increasing the stock as well. Tank has only been up a week or so. I "insta" cycled it with media from my community tank so I'm easing in the bio load.

Want to add so Afra Cobue, Salousi, and maybe some Rusty's.

Back
Top Bottom