The Magic of Live CA Blackworms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guppyman

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Got my first load of live CA black worms of the winter season on Friday. Fed all the Cory breeding colonies yesterday and today found around 300 fertile eggs from the Peru Gold Shoulders. That's only the second time I have been able to get them to spawn and the first time I only found about 20 eggs and that was about 4 months ago. Also found C. aeneus and C. paleatus this evening. I luvzzzz them black worms! - Frank/Guppyman®

I feed live blackworms about once a week and even though it grosses out the family, the fish absolutely go nuts over them. I get mine from my favorite LFS, but wonder if there are levels of quality when it comes to blackworms - where do you get yours, Frank?

P.S. Got any C. paleatus you are ready to part with?

Black Worms & C. paleatus

TankGirl said:
I get mine from my favorite LFS, but wonder if there are levels of quality when it comes to blackworms - where do you get yours, Frank? - Quote edited by Guppyman®
I get them by the pound from Dan at aquaticfoods.com. The quality is superb and they keep for about a week with daily rinsing. I have never gotten them from anywhere else, so I can't compare quality.
P.S. Got any C. paleatus you are ready to part with?
Sure. I have regular in all sizes including breeder colonies, and albino high-fin in most sizes including some breeder size. Am also getting ready to sell a few of the C. sarareensis. They are about 9 months old and looking great. I don't believe these are available anywhere else. - Frank/Guppyman®

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom