thinking of finally adding more fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pearsont74

Aquarium Advice FINatic
OK....now that my tank is stable and all I'd liek to add more fish
thinking of getting rid of the 2 blue devils
ok....1st fish id love to get is a niger trigger (anythoughts form those who have one....i know they are somewhat aggressive)

I was also thinking of something like bleenys or gobys

as far as tangs...i remember reading somewhere its best to add them last

not sure about angels or butterfly

please add any suggestions :)

If you ever plan on going to a reef later on you might want to skip the angels and buterfly because they are notorius for nipping at corals. I would add your fish at the same time so as to avoid the confrontation that happens when new fish are added with established fish.

In a reef tank a trigger will eat inverts.Don't know if they would do good with the clownfish but i've heard people keeping they're clowns with things like dogface puffers so I have no idea what will happen in your case.
Also flame angels are notorious for picking on things in a reff tank like sponges and polyps.

I have a niger trigger it ate my feather dusters and he's tiny. They will not do any good in a reef but if you have a fowlr tank they are fun to watch. It nips at my leopard puffers tail. (he's brave for that) But he pics at EVERYTHING.

well.....darn....cause im moving towards a reef tank...
why is it all the cool fish cant be kept in a reef...(i know the answer but just venting)
guess i have to keep looking

A Flame Angel, cherub, or flameback would be a good addition to a reef tank.
No angel is 100% reef safe. If you are looking at a reef add these with extremem caution. As mentioned, a niger trigger is pretty docile as far as triggers go. Corals are generally safe but they will go after snails, shrimp and crabs.

they are usually called more peaceful, but theyre still triggers.

Like dwarf puffers, theyre some of the more peaceful types of puffer buit they are still evil little buggers, just not as bad as the bigger ones.

Back
Top Bottom