This can get real bad!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jr5018

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok well first of all I would like to say hello to everyone here. I have spent the last year and 6 mths in Iraq. Thank god I am back. Now I come home to what I expected to be a disaster but it wasnt really that bad 120gal FOWLR tank alot of algae but my wife kept it up nicely now I get orders to D.C. and I have to move all this from JAX FL to Wash. DC any advice on the move would be great. I am thinking 4, 30 gal sealable tubs with heaters and aerators in each and use the LR for the filter along with some stress coat. any advice given will be taken gladly remember I am working on a budget here.

I would put the LR in a container by itself. Same with the fish.(during the move). I have never moved my tank but several on here have. hopefully they will respond with some better info soon.
I have spent the last year and 6 mths in Iraq. Thank god I am back.
Welcome Back and .....
:band: THANK YOU!!! :band:

welcome home thanks you btw glad u made it home safe
I only moved my tank well 2 tanks about a mile away I used 45g garbage cans wit lids I but fish in one lr in another and most of my corals I put in my 10g qt i also had those battery operated pumps for air you can get them from dr foster and smith there only like 5 bucks gl luck with the move post back if u have any more ?s oh ya i washed the crap out of the garbage cans even thow they were new u never know and i did not lose any life but like i said ther were only in cans for about 4 hours gl

Welcome back and thanks for keeping us safe and free!!!
I actually live near DC (get ready for lots of traffic). Sorry I can't help you with the moving, I just wanted to say thanks and welcome home!

depending on how attached to the fish you are you could sell them to either a firend of LFS and start new in DC.

That or just do the rubbermaid route and drive straight through with all accessories and setup there.

If I lived anywhere near DC I would help you set it up.

Thanks and you da man.

My brother is still over there for the SECOND trip, so GOD BLESS and THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your efforts move us!

never had to move yet so I can only tell you what I would do.. first how many and how big are the fish and do you plan on making this a 1 day trip.
1 day trip I would not use a heater this time of year and I would not put the LR in the same tub as the fish for fear of them being crushed or hurt with moving LR. Air is a good idea.
LR can be shipped out of water if covered with damp towels or news papers.
When I move I am going to use salt buckets for the fish or some containers with tight fitting lids. The tank should be the last thing loaded and the first thing set up at the new house. I wish you luck with the move.

Back
Top Bottom