This is probably going to sound stupid...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vapocalyptic

Aquarium Advice Activist
Okay, bare with me. I've kept fish for years, and have always wanted a green spotted puffer, but never pulled the trigger. In my tenure, I had always wondered... Puffers are toxic, of course... But is it okay to place your hands in its aquarium? To move decor, etc. How about water changes... I can't be the only one who still sucks the tube?!

I feel stupid typing that out LOL

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

It's all right, I used to be scared of my crayfish :) These guys are only toxic to humans and animals if they end up getting eaten because of the neurotoxins in their skin. They might peck at you a bit, but other than that you should be fine. So unless you plan on eating him at some point, you're perfectly safe. Be careful housing it with scavengers though, because a) they'll get ripped up or b) they'll end up eating it and die. Hope this bumped up your confidence!

Nils

Thank you! I was under the impression it was some form of excretion that could get into the water column.

Sent from my 710C using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom