Tiger Barb Headstanding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookelynnb

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just got 3 tiger barbs and 2 albino tiger barbs yesterday, and a few of them seem to be doing a headstand. They are swimming head down in place in the water. I googled this and some people said it was normal, and some said it wasn't. What could this be? Is it normal?

This will sound kind of odd, but if they are not dead after 24 hours of it, my guess is that they are fine, and you just have some silly fish. :) Just make sure to watch the water parameters and make sure the water is clean. Sometimes fish just have odd quirks!

I have a single tiger barb in my 20 long and my girlfriend and had noticed he was doing the same thing so I watched him for a couple days and he's fine. And this was like 2 weeks ago that she noticed. I wouldn't worry too much

I have 7 tiger barbs, 9 albino tiger barbs, and 6 platinum blue barbs...all three variety do the same thing all the time when in a resting mood. It almost seems like they need to be almost on their heads to be comfortable!

Oh okay! Good to know! So far so good with them. Guess they just like going it! Thanks.

All the albino ones died, due to the fact that they stopped schooling. The regular ones are good though! :) thanks.

Back
Top Bottom