Tiger Jawfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AndiH011

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi All,

Has anyone got a Tiger Jawfish?

I wanted a blue spot but they are far too expensive right now so went for the Tiger. Less attractive but lots of fun just the same.

I put him in last night and haven't seem him since. Probably getting used to the tank and no he hasn't jumped he's under cover lol.

Just seeing if anyone has any tips or good advice for the little fella.

Thanks

Andi

Yeah I have one. He's awesome. Mine stays in his burrow. Lucky for me it's on the side so I can always see him. Target feed him. He won't come out for food and if he doesn't get enough he will move to another spot. Sometimes gets him in trouble w my dotty back. Mine acted like he would jump a few times while moving rocks around. They don't like it when you mess w there house.

Cool,

I'm still trying to find where he has set up home but with no luck. Because I can't target feed I put in extra food today to circle the whole tank so where ever he is he was sure to get some

I don't want to be doing that too often tho as thoughts of cyano creep back into mind.

If he's not getting enough food he will move. He's pretty tough. They move at night. Sometimes I wake up after a day of moving stuff around and he's on the other side of the tank but he always ends up in the same spot.

Fishfighter said:
If he's not getting enough food he will move. He's pretty tough. They move at night. Sometimes I wake up after a day of moving stuff around and he's on the other side of the tank but he always ends up in the same spot.

Lol.

I've found him :)). He has set up camp between two rocks with an emerald crab.

I target fed him this morning just to make sure but hope he moves to the front at some point.

Back
Top Bottom