Torch Coral Spitting brown stuff

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

duoc9119

Aquarium Advice Freak
So one of the heads to my torch was spitting out brown stuff and is now closed up. I read around and its down to either poo or its not happy where it is but the other 2 are doing just fine.

Make sure it's not brown jelly disease. Google some pictures of it and if that is the case, get some heavy duty cutters and get rid of that head immediately. If you don't it will spread to the other heads and you can lose the whole animal.

it doesn't look like its brown jelly disease. Theres just some brown stuff that looks like poo being spit out the mouth. It looks like the head might be splitting, I just noticed that there were 2 mouths that I have never noticed before.

This is a pic of mine when it had the Brown Jelly disease. I had to break the infected head off.

attachment.php

This is a pic of mine when it had the Brown Jelly disease. I had to break the infected head off.

attachment.php

That isn't what my torch looks like. Just spitting out brown crap and then closing up. This morning the head has opened up again nicely.

As for feeding just some mysis that ends up floating onto it when feeding shrimps and such.

They have only one openning per head and what goes in, "food", comes out of the same openning as "poop".

They have only one openning per head and what goes in, "food", comes out of the same openning as "poop".

It looks like it is splitting. There's what looks like 2 mouths on one head and y shaped.

Back
Top Bottom