Triggers and Inverts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmb4516

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have 3 starfish, a few snails, and a few hermits in my display tank.

Would any of these guys be safe with a trigger (I like the Humu humus)?

I can move all my inverts into my minireef except my huge brittle star. I've heard different things on different boards about the brittles and wanted to know if anyone has any experience keeping a brittle and a trigger.

I can attest to this. Against the advice of members on this board, I was at my lfs yesterday and went ahead and purchased two hermits, a turbo snail, and a peppermint shrimp.

Let's just say the peppermint shrimp didn't last 30 seconds in the new tank, my Picasso Trigger took him out just like that. Now the Picasso keeps flipping the snail and hermits on their backs. PITA. Live and learn.

seaham358 said:
POOR shrimp :(
I guess you figured we were all lying to you about keeping inverts with triggers :roll:

Not at all. I know fish behave differently from scenario to scenario, thought I'd give it a shot.

With the trigger you have there is no 50/50 they can get mean when they got larger. With a Niger, blue throat maybe a 50/50 with these but IMO they all would eat shrimp. My BT never bothered my hermits,snails or cucumber.

Back
Top Bottom