Trying to figure out power consumtion of filter, heater, ect....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fatbastard2023

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello guys. New member here. Ive had my 55 freshwater set up not for a month and everything looks good. 7.2 ph and 0ppm ammonia after properly cycled. Well, now that this tank is maintaining, I wanna set up my 29 gallon also in the same room. On one outlet socket I have a surge protector bar plugged into it then all tank acc. for the 55 plugged into the bar. I don't have any manuals with my stuff as I either bought if off CL or was given to me. Items are: Pennplax Cascade 700 canister filter, 200 watt heater, (2) Aquaculture mk-1504 air pumps that say 3 watt max on the back, and 48" t8 shop light with t-8 only ballast, 34 watt 6500k bulb and one actinic bulb also 30+ watts. On occasion I run my Ebay special knock off 800gph power head that says 6 watts max on it. This outlet is run from 200 amp service and has a 15amp breaker. I just want to know if I can get away with running another Marineland emperor 400 filter, 150 watt heater, 1 similar air pump and a marineland 36'' led light off the other socket on the same outlet.

Any info would be appreciated

Thank You
Rich

A 15 amp circuit is about 1800 watts, so if you stay under 1500 you should be fine. Your heaters are the big energy hogs. Figure maybe 30 watts for the filters and add them together. Seems like you're around 500 watts, enough for more tanks!

Back
Top Bottom