turbos dying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shark55

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hi I have a 75g. that i cycled for 3 weeks before I added a clean up crew of hermit crabs and 5 turbo snails. Now everything was fine for 1 month with this crew, also added a fourline wrasse a coral beauty and a purple lobster, But in the last few days 4 turbos died. did a water sample, came out perfect. The only thing chemicalwise that i added was phosban 2 weeks ago because of hair algae and now the tank is crystal clear with just coraline algae showing on the live rock. any explanations would be app. thanks

How did you cycle? I'm a bit concerned when folks say they "let it cycle for x weeks". Method, not the time dictates whether the cycle was complete - or even done for that matter.

I brought in a water sample at the fs and he said i was good to go with the clean up crew. I am taking this setup slowly on the advice of my aquarist hence not adding any fish for 6wks and only 2 since my tank was started.

did you make sure to turn the snails back over if they tipped over? I had a couple die from me coming home too late after they tipped over.

4 line eat small snails as part of it's diet and are good jumpers so top needs to be covered

Back
Top Bottom