Two 6 inch goldfish- regarding tank size

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ryofish

Aquarium Advice Newbie
[Solved] Two 6 inch goldfish- regarding tank size

Hi, I have two comet gold fish that I got from a fair years ago. I really should have researched more on these fish a long time ago. Recently(or finally), I read that they can get HUGE, around 1ft in length.

Would a 55 gal tank be enough for the two of them? I was told that a 55 gal would be enough for now, but if they ever do reach ≈1ft, would a 55 gal tank still be enough? I would like to keep them if I can, but if I need a larger tank than 55 gal I think I'll have to re-home them since I don't have any space or money for a larger tank.

If I do have to re-home them, I don't know where to start. I called a couple LPS near me to see if they take in fish but they cannot. Does anyone know of fish rescue groups or goldfish ponds(?) near the Detroit, MI area?

tl;dr Would a 55 g tank be enough for two grown comet gold fish?
If not, does anyone know any fish rescue groups near the Detroit, MI area?

---Edit-----------------------
Did some more research and saw that not even a 75 gal tank would be big enough for a fully grown comet. Time to find a new home for them. :/

I had 2 big gold fish like that I listed them on craigs list got a 40. adoption fee for them people with ponds love them

Back
Top Bottom