ughh the joys of petsmart

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

huma-huma

Aquarium Advice Addict
is iit even possible to walk into petsmart and NOT buy atleast one fish?? im sure the vets on here understand...took the woman and son to petsmart to simply scope out what's needed for my 55g...and walked out with aa female guppy ...it was only 1.65 but still lol...can't EVER get outta a pet store without a fish bag in my hands..laast time I went, walked out 3 bags and 25 buckks later...

negligent_inmate said:
is iit even possible to walk into petsmart and NOT buy atleast one fish?? im sure the vets on here understand...took the woman and son to petsmart to simply scope out what's needed for my 55g...and walked out with aa female guppy ...it was only 1.65 but still lol...can't EVER get outta a pet store without a fish bag in my hands..laast time I went, walked out 3 bags and 25 buckks later...

Count yourself lucky. When my little girl goes in she begs and begs for a pet. Doesn't matter what it is, a fish, a hamster and the new one a bunny!
Most if those times I've nearly come out purchasing one or the other!

Get this ... My Petsmart had Denison Barbs .... which retail at other LFS's and online for $25 - $30 ... for $6.99. And .. if you have a petsmart card .. you got if for just under $4.00! The second cheapest I've seen is are juvenile Denisons at Petland discounts for round $15.00. The one at petsmart was larger than the one I got from Petland and cheaper.

Too bad i bought the last one ... hopefully Petsmart will get more:D.

im done! lol im not setting another foot in a lfs until im either buying supplies for my 55 or gettin fish for it....

Get this ... My Petsmart had Denison Barbs .... which retail at other LFS's and online for $25 - $30 ... for $6.99. And .. if you have a petsmart card .. you got if for just under $4.00! The second cheapest I've seen is are juvenile Denisons at Petland discounts for round $15.00. The one at petsmart was larger than the one I got from Petland and cheaper.

Too bad i bought the last one ... hopefully Petsmart will get more:D.

Wow, that is a great price.

Wholesale is higher than that on Denisons, in most cases. That's the best price I've ever heard for them. :)

Wholesale is higher than that on Denisons, in most cases. That's the best price I've ever heard for them. :)

Here's the kicker .. My 1st Denison (largest) was $30 at an LFS, the second was from Petsmart for around $3.67 ... but shortly afterwards, I had second thoughts ... they do grow up to 6 inches and I already had, at the time a Blue Gourami, RTS and a Dension all at 3 inches. So I returned it back to Petsmart:eek: .. besides the large Denison clearly had issues with it.

Well a month later ... the Blue Gourami (became to aggressive) was rehomed to a trusted LFS .. I bought another Denison from Petland for $15.00. Thankfully my large one took to this new one. A few days later, I go to Petsmart to buy root tabs .. I check out the Denisons ... convinced it would be empty and find ONE left! So ... I bought it! Still at the same $3.67 price!!

Guess I have a valid excuse (for the mrs:D) on getting a 120 gal

Back
Top Bottom