ummm... overflow Q

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mike3epanda

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just set my overflow on the aquarium... my water level is right under the trim of the aquarium and it doesn't even hit the lip of it.. i know I should add more watter but is this normal?..

Lower your overflow and that will drop your tank water level. If it's a HOB type, the box inside the tank can slide down. If it's a built in overflow, lower the standpipe.

Or...if the water level is too low, raise either one.

my water level is right under the black trim of the tank... my overflow box is at as low as it can go.. I guess I should put more water.. I heard that It's only advisable to put water where I have it now.. but I can't do that with this overflow. hmmm

Putting in more water won't raise the level in the tank, it will raise the level in the sump. If you box is all the way down and you want the water level higher in the tank, raise the box.

If you box is all the way down and you want the water level higher in the tank, raise the box.

what? my problem was there isn't enough water and box is all the way down... I think im just gonna fill it up more.

OK...I got you now. I thought everything was already running, but by your other threads I see you are still setting everything up.
The water line on my tank is slightly above the trim on top. You can add more water so the water line is higher and then set your overflow.

You can put another U-tube in the overflow box to increase water flow..I did this on my 2 overflow boxes.

2 u-tubes or 3 or 4...they won't increase your flow unless you also increase the size of the bulkhead on the drain side of the overflow. If you have a 1.5" bulkhead, and 2 1.25" u-tubes, they will be restricted by the smaller size of the bulkhead.

Back
Top Bottom