unbelievable!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeymourJustice

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i ordered some fish from doctor fosters & smith. 15 rummy nose, 5 bleeding hearts, and 5 bolivian rams

get the package today on the coldest day of the year......and i open it up to discover there were NO HEAT PADS packed with it! the water in the bags were cold when touching them

all of the rummy nose were dead, 4 bleeding hearts died, and believe it or not...all 5 bolivian rams survived!! just thought those were crazy odds, figured i'd share it

they refunded my full order...needless to say i am quite displeased with the fact that they did not put a heat pad in the box, i have orded from them numerous times and they always do every other time. very disappointing, but i just got my fingers crossed now to see if all the rams survive!

Talk about an oversight.. It's very good that they worked promptly with you, that's what counts the most in situations like this. That will help keep there reputation good..

Where are you located?

I ordered some fish from Dr. F&S once, two angels and a cory, all of them arrived dead. This was in September so cold weather wasn't to blame. They refunded my order but I haven't ordered fish online since. I still with PetSmart since I can't find a decent LFS in Tampa. I guess at least they are quick to refund and are friendly about it.

i'm in missouri

to be honest i feel bad they refunded the whole order but it was totally their fault. i feel more bad for even ordering these fish this time of year, so in retrospect perhaps i am the one to blame for not waiting til summer

the remaining bleeding heart died and only 4 of the bolivian rams are alive now. i'm hopin for the best, they seem like they should be ok. one was pecking at the rocks at least. i just can't fathom how cold it could have gotten! it was 27 degrees that day and when i took the bags out of the sealed styrofoam box the water FELT COLD. had to at least get below 60. can't believe the rams lived!

if they're alive in a week i'll update! hopin for the best

Back
Top Bottom