Unhealthy betta?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jesse.R

Aquarium Advice Activist
My betta has recently been sitting on the bottom of my tank. She doesn't look bloated or like any things wrong. She comes up for air when needed. Let me know what you thinkImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394842773.533642.jpg

It is hard to say...just keep watching her.

My Betta stays on the bottom all the time, sitting under his favorite plant. He only swims around when it is dinner time. Bettas are pretty lazy by nature.

Yeah it just seems out of character. She's usually pretty active and swims with the neons. But she might just be lazy too.

Anytime fish are behaving unusual I check amonia, nitrites and nitrates and make sure the heater is working (mine recently was not workingalso after 1 1/2 yrs even though the light came on. Good thing I also check thermometer). Then I do a water change siphoning the gravel.
This fish may be more sensitive and be the first to react if there is something elevated. Doesn't look like anything to me and eating is always a good sign.

Ok I'll do a water change right away and make sure everything's working proper. Something strange I noticed is that she's making a bubble nest or at least that's what it looks like. Does this mean anything?

Back
Top Bottom