Update on new fowlr tank need hlep

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fatdaddy82

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok so id like to start by saying thank you for all the help and info iv been getting from the people on this forum you all have helped me with my whole journey but now need to call upon yet again my tank has been in cycle for awhile now and i have dark brown stuff growing all over i just tested my water the results are as follow
High range ph 7.8-8.0 more on the 8.0 side
Ammonia 0- 0.25ppm
Nitrite 0 ppm
Nitrate 0-5.0ppm more on the 5.0 side
When i say side i mean color chart side will post pic of chat and tank with the brown stuff should i do water change now and add clean up crew or do i not change the water at all and just add crew or don't touch it and leave it be till brown stuff is gone and or will it turn green then mess with it as far as water change and clean up crew is it good for the tank and will stay

Attachments

• image-2538367737.jpg
    image-2538367737.jpg
    191.3 KB · Views: 87
  • image-1675965035.jpg
    image-1675965035.jpg
    255.7 KB · Views: 117
I'm sorta new to it all too but I'm pretty sure it's called cyano bacteria or something I think if you leave it it will go away in time

It's a diatom algae bloom, normal for a new tank. Should clear up eventually on its own.

Did you use live rock or base rock? Looks like the only one with some color is the one completing your arch, if you used mostly base rock it takes a while for it to become live rock and start becoming an effective filter. How long has it been cycling and what did you use to kick off the cycle?

No its all live rock bought at pet store thay had in a big tank said its was uncured but was sitting in a fish tank of water all i know is it cost me a lot at 7.99 a lb i got 28 lbs

And my tank has been cycling for about a month and i used a dead shrimp and left it in there i has completely disappeared on its own its no longer in the tank

Back
Top Bottom