Water condition. Which one should I buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tanks a 1ot

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
There only seems to be a few to choose from. Which is best and water am I looking for?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

☆☆☆☆☆prime☆☆☆☆☆

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well prime it is then. what makes Prime your choice over others?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I initially chose Prime because it was a much higher concentration than competitors products which meant that a bottle lasted much longer so it was fairly economical.

Truthfully, at this point I use it more because it just plain works. Chrlorine, chloramines are all effectively dealt with. I have had too many other products that did effectively deal with chloramines even though they claimed to on the bottle. I also prefer a liquid product to a powder.

It can be had cheaper than $12 but the free shipping with Prime is probably a better deal if you are a prime members and don't need other stuff at the same time.

Before I became an amazon prime member I would often buy prime in order to get me over $25 for the free shipping :)

I buy all my tank products from Amazon. Doesn't take much to qualify for the free shipping.

I buy all my tank products from Amazon. Doesn't take much to qualify for the free shipping.
Amazon is rarely the best place to buy from. There are a couple of places that are often quite a bit cheaper if you can meet their higher free shipping limit.

Let's not forget about amazons return policy, which is second to none IMO. In the rare instance I can find something cheaper elsewhere, if I am at all on the fence about it I buy from amazon because I know I can easily return it.

Having read what I could about both, I choose API stress coat over Prime.

Prime claims to have things that detoxify ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate. I don't need this and don't want to put anything in the water I don't need. It also claims to help slime coat but doesn't identify how, so there I wonder about a questionable synthetic something.

API Stress Coat just deals with chlorine and chloramine, and uses aloe to supposedly promote slime coat. I have read a lot about aloe, and whether or not fish need it for their slime coat, it does many good things in small amounts. So as an ingredient I'm pleased it's either not in a sufficient concentration to do anything but look nice on the label, or it's doing some good. There are two studies that suggest it is present in enough of a concentration to provide some good effects. The results in fish are similar to the effects of aloe in humans.

It also bugs me a little, and I'm allergic to the salicylate in aloe, so there again I think there is enough aloe to be giving some anti inflammatory support to the fish. People with aspirin allergies should be a little careful about spilling it on skin though. (Aloe has salicylates).

Normally I always go with Seachem over API, but not this time.

But one thing I'm way more nerdy about than fish is natural medicine.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Back
Top Bottom