Water flow for guppy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NonExistant

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi ,

I am thinking of running a 100 gph water filter(non adjustable) and a 150 gph (adjustable flow rate) water filter for my 20 gallon(Guppy tank). So should I do it or no ?. I am looking at the 20 gallon and it does not look like a tornado.

If current not too much...then yes. I wouldn't think it would be. Ac30 it looks like is adjustable flow as you stated. Great filter I use it on my 10g guppy tank.
I see a ehiem jagger so you got some soild equipment there.

The water current looks really strong but the plants aren't even moving

Top off tank makes a difference too. 20g is tall enough should be fine. I have almost as much flow in a 10g.

Looking like a good option, the Guppies will enjoy a bunch of clean water to grow and be happy in.

In the future if there is any issue with too much flow in the non adjustable one you can take a piece of bulk filter pad and cut it in a spade type shape with the stem of the spade the size of your filter pad and tuck it all the way in there and let it hang out into the water. The part hanging out on the water would be shaped more like a fan to allow the water to disperse over a larger area, reducing the turbulence. You could even attatch some moss to it to blend it in better. Mine had moss just get stuck on it and start growing.

Back
Top Bottom