water is cloudy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jakester334

Aquarium Advice Regular
Alright I added another black skirt tetra to my 20g long tank to make the school to 4 earlier today. After going to work and doing some running around I come home and the tank is all cloudy looking after being setup for 7-8 months. Should I be alarmed and do water changes? Or will it go away? Is it the beneficial bacteria growing to accomidate having 1 more fish in the tank?Thanks!

Adding one fish shouldn't have caused any issues if the tank was cycled. Can you test your parameters? I would do that first, and then a water change.

Could it of if I forgot to dump some of the water out from the pet store? And just checked and the parameters are 0 ammonia, o nitrite and 10 nitrate,ph 7.4.

Adding 1 fish won't do harm to a cycled tank.

When was your last water change or filter cleaning? It might just be coincidence that after adding 1 fish the balance is slightly off... :confused:

Last water change was last friday. Havent done a filter cleaning in about a month. And yeah thats what I was kinda thinking was that it threw off the balance a little but wanted to know if it was something serious or if itll clear up over night or something.

Last water change was last friday. Havent done a filter cleaning in about a month. And yeah thats what I was kinda thinking was that it threw off the balance a little but wanted to know if it was something serious or if itll clear up over night or something.

I'm not sure if one night will cause more damage, but you could wait and see??

I had a similar problem a while ago without adding any fish and it did clear up over night, but our problem was the tap water had too much lime...

Any other suggestions peeps? :confused:

Thanks for the advice guys. I ended up just leaving it over night and seeing what would happen and its looking like its cleared up.

Back
Top Bottom