Water test results !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IINII Sniper

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi, iv tested my water for my new 600 ltr tank its bin up and running for 2 weeks and my test results from today are-

pH - 5.5
Amonia - 0.1
Nitrite - 3.3
Nitrate - 110

Iv change about 100 ltrs and added sum buffer to 7.2 what do these results mean ?

Welcome to the site. Please tell me there are not fish in the tank. Any level of nitrIte over .25 is toxic, and if the pH was 5.5 and it the buffers you just added instantly jumped the pH up to 7.2....your fish are going to be in trouble.

What type of test kit are you using? Is it liquid or strips?

Is this a fishless cycle (hopefully)?

There are fish in i was moving and had no where for the fish to go while the new tank cycled im using liquid tests , nutrafin .

Im raising the pH by 0.5 per day. And changing 100 or so ltrs a day.

In it are -
2x oscars
1x arrowana
2x fire eels
1x pleco
1x eye-biter
1x spotted talking catfish

Is the tank cycling ?

Yes it's cycling but with fish in the tank you need to change a lot of water ASAP to get the NitrItes below 0.25. Anything over that is very harmful to the fish. You should test the water every day and anytime the ammonia and/or nitrItes are above 0.25 do a water change to get them down to that level.

libraygirl said:
Yes it's cycling but with fish in the tank you need to change a lot of water ASAP to get the NitrItes below 0.25. Anything over that is very harmful to the fish. You should test the water every day and anytime the ammonia and/or nitrItes are above 0.25 do a water change to get them down to that level.

Agreed. Here's a good guide which can hopefully help in this situation-
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...-but-i-already-have-fish-what-now-116287.html
The link in my signature is about fishless cycling and can maybe give you some assistance with your new tank.

Back
Top Bottom