Water testing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Platiesareawesome

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello! I was just wondering if using the same syringe for dosing prime and testing water will make a difference in my testing results. (I'm saying this because I had a similar problem with dosing ammo for my cycle, and testing the water). Thank you!

Hello! I was just wondering if using the same syringe for dosing prime and testing water will make a difference in my testing results. (I'm saying this because I had a similar problem with dosing ammo for my cycle, and testing the water). Thank you!
I'm sure if you gave it a good rinse, it should be fine. Just for peace of mind, maybe you should get a second. I have a few spare's for that reason. I find after a while they become very tough to use, very stiff, so it's no harm having a few on hand.....

I'm sure if you gave it a good rinse, it should be fine. Just for peace of mind, maybe you should get a second. I have a few spare's for that reason. I find after a while they become very tough to use, very stiff, so it's no harm having a few on hand.....

Cool thanks! I tried testing with the syringe and with just the test tube and the results were the same.

Hi Platies. Hi Ian.
A lot of drug stores sell 5ml dosing eyedroppers for about $3. They are fast and easy to use for drawing water for the test tubes and dosing out glut & PPs ferts. Only takes a squeeze of the fingers on the rubber bulb. one side is marked in ml and the other is in fractions of teaspoon, OS.

Hi Platies. Hi Ian.
A lot of drug stores sell 5ml dosing eyedroppers for about $3. They are fast and easy to use for drawing water for the test tubes and dosing out glut & PPs ferts. Only takes a squeeze of the fingers on the rubber bulb. one side is marked in ml and the other is in fractions of teaspoon, OS.

I believe walgreens actually gives them away for free.

Back
Top Bottom