Waterlife Biomat Live Bacteria

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishyPhil

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi everyone.

Has anyone heard of/used Waterlife Biomat Live Bacteria for cycling a tank? They reckon it's full of millions of live bacteria and appears to be in a bag. Although i'm not sure it'll be active if it doesn't have a source of oxygen?

Cheers,
Phil

I personally would never rely on the "Live Bacteria" products to cycle a tank. If it is the refrigerated kind, then I have heard of some people having success. However, if it is just sitting on a shelf at room temperature, then it is a hoax. Most of these products are just extremely over-priced water conditioner IMO.

Some such products have even caused some peoples cycle to stall/crash upon adding a dose.

I personally consider those so-called live bacteria starters to be a bunch of voodoo and don't trust 'em as far as I can throw 'em.

I personally consider those so-called live bacteria starters to be a bunch of voodoo and don't trust 'em as far as I can throw 'em.

Anybody can put thick water in a bottle and call it "Insta-Cycle" and sell it for $20 for a 4 oz. bottle.

They only cycling assistance I trust is "active" filters that have live bacteria colonized on them.

Back
Top Bottom