What’s this ball on my fishes mouth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

em_18

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi! I woke up to this giant ball sticking off my fish (as I’m typing this I look back and it’s gone?? But still wondering) it moves as she opens her mouth etc and is just swimming around like normal. What is it? IMG_3202.jpg

Hi! I woke up to this giant ball sticking off my fish (as I’m typing this I look back and it’s gone?? But still wondering) it moves as she opens her mouth etc and is just swimming around like normal. What is it? View attachment 325633
As long as the fish can spit it out, nothing to worry about. It could be a fish egg ( as Colin mentioned) or possibly a piece of your substrate but the important part is that it's not part of your fish. (y)(y)

As long as the fish can spit it out, nothing to worry about. It could be a fish egg ( as Colin mentioned) or possibly a piece of your substrate but the important part is that it's not part of your fish. (y)(y)

Yea it disappeared really quick after I noticed it but when I first watched her it looked attached but now it’s gone! I’ll keep an eye out later. They are guppies so I thought they didn’t lay eggs? Wonder if it’s substrate but looked a little off to be that. Anything else it could have been? Glad it’s not concerning since it’s not a part of my fish lol

What other fish do you have in there? Do you have Cory cats? Those look like they could be cory eggs or nerite snail eggs. Eggs are very nutritious for fish so I wouldn't be concerned if they eat them. (y)

What other fish do you have in there? Do you have Cory cats? Those look like they could be cory eggs or nerite snail eggs. Eggs are very nutritious for fish so I wouldn't be concerned if they eat them. (y)

Yes I did a little research and turns out one of my male Cory cats is def not a male[emoji23] I’m going to separate the eggs here as soon as I can so they don’t all get eaten!

Yes I did a little research and turns out one of my male Cory cats is def not a male[emoji23] I’m going to separate the eggs here as soon as I can so they don’t all get eaten!

Yeah, those little round thingies are a dead giveaway that you don't have all males. ;);) :lol: (y)

Back
Top Bottom