what are these fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

talloulou

Aquarium Advice Addict
I took some pics of fish at the zoo awhile back and I wanted to add them to the gallery but I want to make sure I add them in the right catagory. I'm pretty new in the whole saltwater world so could someone help me out with these guys. I'm pretty sure the one is some sort of puffer. Are the others triggerfish?

Attachments

• marinefishforwebtwo-1.jpg
    marinefishforwebtwo-1.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 54
  • marinefishzooforweb-1.jpg
    marinefishzooforweb-1.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 29
  • pufferforweb-1.jpg
    pufferforweb-1.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 34
My husband, a Navy Diver, said the third one is some kind of parrotfish. I would do a google image search for parrotfish and see what comes up.

I put it in Tangs, Angels, and Butterflys for now. Do you have a picture of the rest of the body? I looked at some parrotfishes and they didn't seem to be a good match either. The picture can always be moved to the correct category later when we figure out where it goes.

#3 looks like an adult species of Naso. Can't tell you which just by the facial pics though.

Cheers
Steve

Could be I guess but the mouth position looks wrong. Naso's mouth being midpoint where the dussumieri is lower down for grazing purposes, similar to a Kole tang but not as pronounced.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom