What exactly do i feed dwarf seahorses?. I know BBS. But i hear its not enoughnutri.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dylan5359

Aquarium Advice Addict
I heared copepods and BBS would be good. Is this true? What do you think? How do you start a copepod culture ? What do I need to start it? How long will it take for me to start the culture going? And how do I enrich BBS? *haven't bought the dwarves yet but i am cycling the tank. Thanks so much

Thanks this helped a lot. Do you think it'll be okay for me to have two hatcheries like one Rotifers and the other cleaner shrimp larvae? Also will the seahorses just hunt the food down? Like how can I know they're actually getting the food? Should I use a turkey Bastet And just release the food right next to them? Thanks.

i don't know squat about horses, except that most of the ones you see for sale in stores aren't meant for closed systems.
i have seen folks use pipets and squirt the food near their mouths, and i have also seen folks train the horses to eat prepared foods, and pour that in a little dish for them.
good luck raising the cleaner shrimp. i don't think it's as easy task as brine.

before you feed the horses,feed the rots then 10 mins later feed the horses,its better for them and enriches the rots,a sort of boost.

Thanks that helped. And I just added the salt to my soon to be seahorse aquarium (dwarf). And I've been stiring it for about 20 minutes now and some still seems to just lay at the bottom. No salinity level is coming up either? I was Thinking putting an airstone in the tank for like a couple minutes?

That was a stupid question. My heater was not on. Ill give it a day for it to completely disintegrate and then add the sand. The salinity level wasnt coming up because on my mini hydrometer it says to leave in tank for 24 hours for first use. Haha. And any tips on cycling 2 gallon saltwater aquarium?

Back
Top Bottom