What is enough flow for a 60G Fowlr?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FreezeFins

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 60g Fowlr with a 700 GPH return pump in the wet dry filter, and a
Koralia 550 gph circulation pump. Is that enough or should I add another ciruclation pump? I was thinking of adding another Koralia 550 or 750

Hi. :)

I was running 2 750 koralias in my 55g and it worked out quite well. :) So I would suggest another powerhead, either the 550 or the 750.

H Carey thanks for your reply. As far as positioning is it best to place them on opposite sides, both pointing towards the front, or should i be more concerned about having flow over the LR.

I point mine towards the front or back glass depending on the tank. In my 125g Ilike to have it bounce off the glass and hit the rocks where the coral is. In my cube I have it point at the front where the flow from the return also goes. The ideal is to have a haphazard flow so that there are no dead spots. Try a few different positions and see what works for you. Chaotic flow is the best flow. :)

I don't mean to steal your thread, but I have a qeustion about flow, I have a 30 gallon long tank, i had two powerheads pointing towards eachother on opposite angels/opposite sides, its creating a kind of whirlpool flow, but I put 2 clownfish and they didnt like swimming against the flow so I turned one off, now im just running one creating a whirlpool current, I have a maxi jet 400 multi use pump and a small petco circulator pump, is there a better set up for flow I can use?

Back
Top Bottom