What is it???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earlsflyin

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey, I need an answer form one of you salt water aquarium owners out there.....I have a critter in my tank that I didn't put in there???? Unless the thing is actually a hermit crab escaped from his shell, but I don't think so. It looks like a minature lobster. Sorry, the picture is not the best but it is the best I could do......he hides under the rocks and only comes out when you put food in the tank....he kind of hangs around with green gobi that I have in the tank.....I swear, I did not "knowlingly" put him in the tank, unless he was hiding in one of the pieces of live rock???????

Attachments

• lobstermaybe.jpg
    lobstermaybe.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 70
Okay, I think I got it.....according to the store where I get 95% of my stuff it is probably a Pistol Shrimp......after googling it I think it fits the bill:p

Have you heard random "pops" from the tank by chance?

A very cool hitch hiker. :)

Yes I have heard random pops, had me really wondering.....and I notice he hangs tight with my green gobi too.......just like the info I found on Google said.....LOL.

Back
Top Bottom