What is my Clown doing? *picture included*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blazeyreef

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, I have to ask what in the world is my silly clown doing? He did this several times today like he was trying to eat something out of the air? His head goes completely out of the water, Is he just playing and being a goof or?

*(it happened to be a really neat picture to lol)*

img_770541_0_29572f17bdc1d495899bae5a1bb4c4ff.jpg

thanks in advance :)

That is an awesome picture, I have no idea what he is doing. I've never seen a clown do that. Maybe someone else will know....

I'm not sure either but i do know and i'm not quite sure why exactly but every fish i have had that has done that for extended periods of time is sick and usually ends up dead but obviously that's not your case

That's a fantastic picture though. My guess is that he's just goofing off

neilanh said:
He's trying to talk to the whale. C'mon, you've seen the movie.

LOL!

I've seen my o. clown do this whenever I put my hand above the water because she thinks I am going to put food in the tank.

I'm gonna go try it right now. Nope. They didn't do it. But I've seen them do it before.

I don't know if this is good or bad. But I think it's ok.

They are known to spit at people or just being a clown.

Do you have a lid on the tank? If he sees something up there he might think it's food and try and pick it off the cover glass. I had a rainbowfish that figured out how to do that, I couldn't figure out what the weird thunking noise coming from the tank was until I saw her look up, eyeball the flake stuck to the glass and then stick her head out of the water and pick it right off.

i'm sure its not the case, but you might want to make sure you have a high enough oxygen level in the tank. cool picture.

Haven't seen mine do this in the last year I've had them - but my parrotfish will stick an inch of his head out of the water when he sees food coming.

my clowns do it occasionally. and mine sleep at the very top of the tank too - some of their body is out of water occsionally.

I had a Picasso Trigger and a spotted Boxfish that used to stick their heads out and spit water at me whenever they thought food was on the way ! Charming

My two clowns do that if I lift the lid to my nano cube. They watch me. They arn't afraid of me anymore at all. They chase my hands around the tank nipping at my fingers when Im cleaning the tank. Ha. they truely are clowns. When ever I open the lid, they poke their heads out of the water as if to go "food?".

Back
Top Bottom