what is this stuff?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KcTx

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got some LR and have had it in my tank and running for about 3 months. I'm in NO hurry to kill abunch of fish so I've been trying to get the hang of everything before I make that step. I knew there where stars, snails & bristle worms in the rock when I got it but about 2 weeks of it being in tank I had some blue & purple shrooms come up. I thought cool, then I start noticing some sort of feather duster looking things popping out of tubes all over and these things. I know one is a Bubble something & I'm not sure about the grass looking stuff?

Thanks for the help,

Kc

sorry for the bad pic, light is in night cycle.
img_1469858_0_2d596201ba5c344e612ac18c6311c969.jpg

img_1469858_1_5c7f9fc2cbfaa4a67c142700ee539774.jpg

img_1469858_2_cab37f3cf4c941248544d71402d6ae56.jpg

I had pretty much dead palythoas on my LR and 6 months later and I bet you couldnt tell they were the same coral. Thats whats so interesting about sw i feel, the new life always sprouting up.

You got some cool freebies!

I have some of the grass looking stuff. It's Evergreen Star polyps. They are an encrusting coral that grow over the rock. Some people consider it a problem since it can grow pretty fast but I LOVE mine. They're really pretty when they are nice and thick. They're easy to grow, mostly need just light and some zooplankton every once in a while. You can remove it when it gets too expansive and just put the excess somewhere else or give it away. I place small rocks near mine so when they encrust it, I can give then as gifts. :) Count your blessings! That's some LR you've got there!!!

I can't tell if the base is purple or not but if it is, it is definitely Evergreen Star polyps. Lucky Duck!! I had to buy mine!!

Back
Top Bottom