what kind of algae is this??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kostasonia

Aquarium Advice Freak
My ceratofylum demersum is full of these brownish things...what kind of algae is it? How can I fight it???

you can see the difference between a plant with algae (left) and a plant without (right)..

Attachments

• im000985_1_176.jpg
    im000985_1_176.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 30
Yes. It is covering slowly the 2 red volcanic rocks I have. It also grows on the glass of the tank and from there, yes it goes easily. On the snubias enanas of course too. When I clean their leaves, most of ig goes but still some remains.

Some of the plants are clear (the top parts that keep growing) and some parts covered with this algae. Not every not-growing part has algae. But the only ones having it do not grow any more...

Yep, it's diatoms then. It would seem to have found that one plant as a nice roosting place, possibly due to a lack of water movement in that spot. Excess nutrients and lack of light is usually the cause. You can try increasing your water movement, reducing feeding and having your lights on for 12 hours per day.

Back
Top Bottom