What Pool Filter Sand do I use!!!!!????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am buying PFS but I am afraid to get the wrong stuff! I heard that silcon sand is bad but what about silca sand? and what number?
Thanks and God bless!

I found one silca sand that says it is inert, odorless, ecologically safe and will not solidify or stain. Is that ok?

Yeah, that would definitely be ok! Honestly, I've never payed any attention to what the PFS bag says and everything has turned out all right. (probably not the best move butttt..)

Thank you so much I was really wanting to make sure!

just make sure that you look at the bag before you take it with you to make sure it says no added chemicals because the added chemicals will be bad for your tank.

i've never seen PFS with anything added, not sure there even is such thing, but if there were anything like that on the bag it wouldn't be a good idea. I've used 3 different brands of PFS. Leslies was one of them, but the other two I can't remember. I paid $1.99/50lbs for some, same exact stuff (i think it was the same as leslies without their name on it).

Thanks yall! I am gonna buy some soon. Maybe Ill post some before and after pics if anyone wants to tell me how to post pics lol

Back
Top Bottom