what type of fish is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tnjohn

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i was lucky enough to get fish from a co-worker that is moving out of country and a obtained her fish for my new tank! what is the mane of this fish?

thanks

Attachments

• DSC00047.JPG
    DSC00047.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 202
I was gonna say jewel damsel, but a damsel is a damsel.

Not sure what the white spots on the top are though

Most damsel aren't so nice with others in the tank. What are your stocking plans for your tank?

I like avoiding these fishes- there should be a rule called Damsels are for cycling only- or it should be written somewhere in the fish...

I like avoiding these fishes- there should be a rule called Damsels are for cycling only- or it should be written somewhere in the fish...

I personally think no fish should be used for cycling..

But as the damsel gets bigger it will get more aggressive. If you really want to keep him try stocking your tank with everything you planned on, then taking out the damsel for a week or so, and putting him back in so he has no established territory.

If you really like the fish like I do just start another tank and have a one fish only tank. You wouldn't be the first that did that I have a nice 24 with a blue devil.

Back
Top Bottom