What would Happen??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crs1945

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My wife and I have several tanks ( 2-5gals, 1-10gal and a 29gal, all F.W ).My wife wanted to know if platys and a dwarf sunset honey Gourami wold get along? The reason being that when she had some red eye balloon belly tetras in with the gourami while in QT, the tetras munched off the gourami's feelers! Now she's afraid that if she puts a platy in with the gourami, it will do the same thing.The gourami is alone in a 5gal.Thanks(y)

Welcome to the forum.

Is this 5 gallon to be the permanent home for the gourami? It's much too small. If it's your QT, then it's too small to put more than a single fish or species in at the same time.

Generally speaking, there should be no issues between the gourami and the plays. It all depends on them being in a cycled environment that is large enough to sustain both species.

Thanks

Thanks for the advise. We moved the gourami into our 29g that has the platys and all is well; no aggression or fin nipping.

Back
Top Bottom