whats the best setup for a pair of german blue rams and a school of neon tetras+otos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am getting a twenty long, and have seen a ton of different setups for cichlids... I have seen rock caves and tunnels, flower pots and all kinds of things. What should I use?? Im confused. Lol

Rams like a combination on plants, driftwood, and rocks. They will hide in the plants. The rocks need to be flat for them the lay eggs on and the driftwood just helps make them feel at home. Check out my link its my blue ram tank I am building right now.

Looks too plain IMO... I get that it's fake, real plants would definitely be best IMO. Sandy substrate or something dark. Lots of places to break up line of sight. Taller plants in the back, shorter plants up front.

mfdrookie516 said:
Looks too plain IMO... I get that it's fake, real plants would definitely be best IMO. Sandy substrate or something dark. Lots of places to break up line of sight. Taller plants in the back, shorter plants up front.

I was using an aquascaping program on the computer... it wouldn't let me choose sand as gravel. And there was only one good looking rock to choose, and about ten different plants... thanks for the input, ill try to change it and repost and see what you think later.

Back
Top Bottom