Whats wrong with my mollie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Insanetaz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Can someone tell me what's wrong with my mollie I thought it had pop eye so treated it for pop eye eye that was effected seemed to get slightly better but now treatment is over the other eye as gone

Attachments

• image-3091459875.jpg
    image-3091459875.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 36
  • image-2964453527.jpg
    image-2964453527.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 38
  • image-959604293.jpg
    image-959604293.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 38
what size tank? ammonia, nitrite, nitrate? water change schedule? i would stop medicating and put it in a 10 gallon quarantine with 50% daily water changes.

Let's get a bit more information that will help us figure out what your next step is.

Tank size and inhabitants, anyone else having issues?
How long has the tank been established?
Any new additions?
What are your readings for ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate?
How often are you doing water changes and how much?

I don't have another tank unforhsouldntly to place the ill fish in . I have a 200 litre tank and I tested the water when the fish got ill and the water was fine in the tank

I do water change once a week of 10% and the tank is a year and half old in my home and it's another couple of years old from my family member to got it from . The only new addition is a sucker fish who is always hiding inside a log.

No other fish are ill or seem to be effected

Fish I have in my tank are as follows

2 sucker fish one is a bristlenose the other one I don't know the name of

1 underside down cat fish

2 Mollie's

1 clown loach

2 silver sharks fairly small for the size they get

1 gourami

4 harlequin roseabars

4 platies

2 loaches

2 angle fish med size

1 swordtail

I'm testing the water with these products and the water is with the tolerances of what these tests say apart from the fact our water is hard but it's always been hard because of where I live

Attachments

• image-403488806.jpg
    image-403488806.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 31
  • image-2170591202.jpg
    image-2170591202.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 33
There is part of your problem. Test strips are extremely inaccurate. They will never give you a true reading of your tank parameters.

Second issue is a severe lack of water changes. You need to up your water changes to 50% per week. The fresh water will make a huge difference to the over all health of all your fish.

Back
Top Bottom