Where do you get mudskipper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishGeek97

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am interested in creating a mudskipper biotope tank with figure 8 puffers. but i can'y find mudskippers available anywhere. Is there a site that sells them? oh, and any imformation on the too is appreciated!:ermm:

I do not know if the 2 are compatable but my LFS carries them regularly so I imagine you could ask your LFS to order them.

Thanks Godfan, yes i'm pretty sure they are compatible. I researched them and most people keep the two species together. :fish2:

Ok yea I dont know much about either. Im glad you did your research! Im sorry I couldnt help more.

That's ok, i don't know why i never think of ordering from my lfs. Right now, i'm in the works o building a reef tank, but i plan to move on to brakish after i get it started.;)

Thanks Godfan, yes i'm pretty sure they are compatible. I researched them and most people keep the two species together. :fish2:

I've only know of 1 person keeping both species together. This hobbyist built a platform at the top of the tank, so his mudskipper got plenty of fresh air and wet mud. The puffer could never get to the mudskipper.

Nope I couldn't find any mudskippers online.

Terrance said:
I've only know of 1 person keeping both species together. This hobbyist built a platform at the top of the tank, so his mudskipper got plenty of fresh air and wet mud. The puffer could never get to the mudskipper.

Nope I couldn't find any mudskippers online.

Do you have a picture? I want to set up a fiddler tank and. Try something similar.

search Homer8. He is no longer a member here due to violation of forum rules.

My lfs has a tank with the two together...i wanted mudskippers but didnt want the brakish hassle

its not really a hassle. add about half a cup per 5 gallons stir and check it. doesnt have to be as exact as saltwater because in the wild brackish conditions vary A LOT. just dont do it too drastically cause youll kill your BB but if i havent done it yet then nobody will. i use a a glass hydrometer the long floating $3 ones and they arent accurate at all but like i said in the wild if it rains too much the freshwater rivers can really flow into mangroves and change the SG drastically.

What kind of filter would you use in a mudskipper tank, would a canister work?

Back
Top Bottom