Which bulb for 20H low light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mommytron

Aquarium Advice Addict
So i'm shopping for bulbs at aubuchon hardware. they have the best prices i've seen. however, they do not list the color rating. i found 3 different 18" bulbs that will work, but not sure of which one is best. anyone had any of these bulbs or could tell me the color rating?? my guess is the flora plant bulb would be best, but if either of the others is the same color rating, i could get one of them because they are both cheaper (it's only a few bucks difference, but still. would like to know if i'm paying more for the same thing) thanks :)

Flora Plant Bulb, 18" # FL-18 by Zoo Med Laboratories

Tropic Daylight Bulb, 18" # TL-18 by Zoo Med Laboratories

Colormax Fluorescent Lamp Light Bulb, 15W 18" # AF503 by Energy Savers Unlimited

i've looked at both online and can never find anything close to what i'm looking for. so i haven't even bothered going. what brand do you get?

im not 100% sure, but im thinking its GE that walmart carries. HD carries phillips. Theyre both great and I got about 8 months out of my last bulb before i had to replace it (started getting dim). The phillips daylight bulb is a crisp white, as is the "cool" daylight bulb from walmart (dont get the "warm" unless you want a yellowish tint)... Either way, you'll spend less than those on the website

They've got GE and phillips at home depot, I get all my CFLs at home depot and they are all GE.

i don't think i mentioned i need fluorescent tubes (in case you didn't check the links). and the phillips at home depot are the same price as the bulbs at aubuchon it looks like

the only tube bulb i can find at walmart comes in a 10 pack.

The tubes and bulbs marketed as daylight are ime usually in the right color range. i.e 6500-6700K

Back
Top Bottom