Which LED for 55?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dcutl002

Aquarium Advice Addict
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414102059.341812.jpg I am in the process of re scaping this 55 gallon. Right now it is OVERGROWN with crypts, swords, and Val's. It's a jungle. Presently the substrate is just gravel and the T5 has blown 2 ballasts out of 4. I want to Re-do this tank.

I just purchased 100 lbs of Eco Complete and I am thinking of going with Dwarf Hairgrass. I have a GLA CO2 setup, Eheim 350, but no fish(they have been transferred). The tank has been cycled for 4 years with excellent water parameters.

Should I get 2 Finnex fixtures or a BML fixture? Will 1 BML be able to handle a 55? ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414102784.040301.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1414102805.702189.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I planted plus with a ray 2 in front should suffice, the bml would be my choice if I had the cash. Keep in mind finnex is releasing a new line soon. Perhaps an exotic e series or two if you like the funnsy gadgets.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Ok, I have been working a lot of overtime for 6 months, so I have money saved. So, the BML? Just 1?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yah, i mean bml is the business for sure, a 48" dutch xb is going to run you a pretty penny. I'm not positive but I've heard they lose their punch on a tall tank. Maybe a combo of a planted ray2 and eseries could make something special? Wait for a few more opinions please

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom